- Doctor of Optometry Degree-1991- UAB School of Optometry
- Residency in Geriatric and Low Vision Rehabilitation- Birmingham
VA Medical Center 1991-1992
- Bachelor of Music Degree- University of Georgia-1979
- Associate of Fine Arts Degree- Anderson College-1977
- Birmingham Area Optometric society
- Clinical Associate Professor at UABSO
- Member of the American Guild of Organist; Birmingham Chapter. Has
served as officer and on Board of Directors of Eye Care Associates.
- Board of Directors of AOLA, Hospital Privileges at the Children's
Hospital of Alabama. Provides eye care and evaluations in the infectious
Disease Clinic as needed.
- Presently on the Advisory Board of Omega Eye Care Center.
Honors And Awards
- Graduated top 10% from UABSO
- Graduated Cum Laude from UGA and Anderson College
- Alabama's Young Optometrist of the Year 1995; Anderson College
- Distinguished Young Alumnus Award, 1995
- Active in Church
- Presently serving on Vestry at the Episcopal Church of the
Ascension in Vestavia Hills
- Substitute Organist at various churches as needed.
Other (Personal Info)
- Married to T. Michael Hammonds. (Psychologist)
- One Daughter- Laura Frances Hammonds
- Enjoys water aerobics and walking